Perspektivapp AS believes in Article 12 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Article 12 states that, “No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his [their] privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.”
In general, Perspektivapp AS believes far too much private data is collected by companies and apps and this this collection can and will have unintended consequences for society. In order to mitigate the risks posed by such data collection we strive to limit the amount of data that we collect so as to set an example for other companies about what a reasonable data collection program constitutes.
In this Policy, “Personal Data” means information which relates to an individual and which identifies that individual, either directly or indirectly (together with other information that is reasonably likely to come into Perspektivapp AS’ possession).
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, you can visit Perspektivapp AS websites without providing any personal data about yourself.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from third parties such as Google and Apple who provide us with information about who has downloaded our apps and accessed our websites. These third parties may also provide us with additional information if they volunteer to do so.
We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our apps. We may collect automatically:
• Location information that allows us to periodically determine your location.
• Device and usage information that may include (i) information specific to your mobile device (e.g., make, model, operating system, device identifier and similar information); (ii) information about your use of features, functions, or notifications on the device; and (iii) signal strength relating to WiFi or Bluetooth functionality, and similar technical data.
• Information about which websites you have visited immediately prior to of after the use of websites or apps developed, owned or operated by Perspektivapp AS.
Users can take additional steps to prevent the collection of certain forms of information. For example:
• To prevent the collection of location information on iOS mobile devices, disable the location services feature on the settings of your device. To prevent the collection of Location Information on Android devices disable Bluetooth and Location.
What do we use your information for?
• To improve our website and apps – we continually strive to improve our website and app offerings based on the information and feedback we and third-parties receive from you.
• To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
• To administer a contest, a promotion, survey or other site feature.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of the information that we collect from users of our apps and websites. We do not publically disclose what these measures consist of but in general we keep this data in digital spaces that require password authorization in order to access this information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other purposes. This might consist of information about who uses our apps and websites and how and when they use them.
This policy was last modified 2018-01-26.